While launching Honor smartphones in India huawei promised to provide regular updates to their phones in India, and they came up to their words. Yesterday huawei released much awaited android 6.0 marshmallow with EMUI 4.0 update for indian version of Honor 4x Che-L04. Huawei is doing much better job in even updating low and mid range smartphones unlike Samsung and other brands that neglect their low and mid rage smartphones updates. Which rarely receive any major update.
Huawei had Honor 4x update in beta version from quiet a while. Beta testers had marshmallow update from quiet a while . They did not released it in hurry, so users can get best experience without any bugs. Huawei is regularly updating their honor rage of smartphones worldwide, Honor 7 and Honor 6 had already received latest android 6.0 update and even smaller Honor 4c also got android 6.0 update.
I have installed this update today and used it for few hours as of now. EMUI 4.0 Interface looks much better than EMUI 3.0. Apps launching speed is noticeably faster. But it is still EMUI. You will not notice major difference in it. Camera app is same along with music player. Video player is changed a bit. This update adds lockscreen notifications feature. I have not used phone for long time.so i cannot comment on battery backup.I am not able to connect phone as USB storage to my computer. Looks like this feature is removed in this update. This does looks better and i felt performance to be better than EMUI 3.0 based android 5.1 lollipop. Follow these simple steps to update your phone to latest android 6.0. This update is only for indian version of honor 4x Che- L04.
- Please make backup of all your personal data and contacts before you begin and change your phone more than 50%.
- Link to download update package is here
- You have to be on latest lollipop build to get this update. If you are not on latest lollipop build. You can download update package from this link . Extract it and place it in dload folder in your SD card or internal storage. Be sure to rename downloaded file to UPDATE.APP.
- Go to Updater and select local update.Follow on screen instructions and now update should start. This will take few minutes to finish.
- Now you can enjoy Android 6.0 marshmallow on your honor 4x.
If you want to enjoy Android 7.1 on your phone. Follow this link to learn how to install it on your phone.
Here are some screenshots of phone after marshmallow update. Stay tuned for more awesome tech news, reviews, solutions & tech tips.