Launched in year 2013, Sony Xperia SP is pretty old handset now. Sony is not providing any new official android upadtes to it after Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This handset quiet capable of handling stock latest android 7.1. So if you want to install latest android 7.0 nougat on sony xperia SP. Go ahead and follow the steps to taste android Nougat on your sony xperia sp.
Before you begin
- Make sure your all data and contacts are backed up as this will delete all your data on your internal storage.
- Make sure your phone is charged at least 50%.
- Your computer have adb installed. If not, download from link here.
- Download TWRP. img from here.
- Download cm14.1 from here.
- Download gapps from here. and choose arm > 7.1 > micro or pico.
- Sony USB drivers are installed, install sony pc companion to install all drivers automatically. download here.
- Your phone’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Please note down all adb commands here are without commas.
All set and now let’s go further
- Copy cm14.1 zip and gapps zip to your external SD card.
- Extract cm14.1 zip in computer and copy boot.img to minimal ADB folder.
- Copy TWRP.img to minimal ADB folder and rename it to recovery.img.
- Go to settings and open about phone. Then tap on build number servral times to enable Developer options.
- Go back and open developer options from settings. Enable USB Debugging .
- Connect your phone to your computer and open ADB minimal that your downloader recently.
- Type command “adb” . without commas. and allow USB debugging in your phone screen.
- Now remove USB cable and turn off your phone.
- Press and hold volume up button and connect usb cable to your phone while holding volume up button. Your phone should be detected by computer. Now release volume down button.
- In adb minimal, type this command “fastboot devices”
- If your phone is detected in computer, type this command “fastboot flash boot recovery.img”
- After it success flashing , type this command “fastboot reboot”
- when your phone shows sony logo and lights blink, press volume button few times and it should open TWRP recovery.
- Go to wipe and factory reset your phone.
- Go to install zip and select storage to external storage, flash CM14.1.
- After flashing CM14.1 , flash gapps.
- Then go to reboot and turn off your phone. If TWRP ask you to make TWRP system app. select yes and turn off your phone.
- Connect your phone to computer while holding volume up button. Release volume button when your phone detected by computer.
- Type this command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- “fastboot reboot” ,then remove your phone from computer.
This may take more than 15 minutes to boot for first time. So please keep patience . In this time phone will only show ANDROID logo. Stay tuned for more, if your face any problem, please post the comments below. Thank you
These are some screenshots